This picture has nothing to do with this blog.. I just enjoyed it and wanted to share — Susan
From the woman who introduced the world to vagina steaming and conscious uncoupling, Gwyneth Paltrow and the gang from goop are back with a new book titled Goop Clean Beauty, aka “The ultimate guide to a healthy body, a natural glow and a happy, mindful life.”
… In order to achieve happiness, clean up your “leaky gut” and begin with a 10-day detox. Follow these 15 simple guidelines:
- No alcohol.
- No caffeine.
- No dairy.
- No eggs.
- No beef, no pork.
- No shellfish, no raw fish.
- No gluten.
- No soy.
- No nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, peppers).
- No strawberries, oranges, grapefruits, grapes, bananas.
- No corn.
- No white rice.
- No added sugar.
- No peanuts, though other nuts are fine.
- No processed oils and butters (margarines, spreads, and the like), and no vegetable seed oils like canola and corn. Stick to cold-pressed olive oil, coconut, sesame, almond/walnut, and pumpkin-seed oils.
… Some of the advice is worrying to nutritional scientist Dr. Joanna McMillan, who disagrees with goop’s endorsement of detoxing and says, “The idea of detoxing is really nonsense. Your liver and kidneys have the job of detoxing your body the whole time and they do it well, unless you have liver or kidney disease. There is no evidence whatsoever that eliminating a list of foods like this does any kind of detoxing to your body.”