Here are 5 things to never brag about, according to PowerOfPositivity.com
1. Your ride. Log into Facebook, do a bit of browsing, and with minimal effort you’ll find some pretentious shots of someone with their pimped out ride. You name it, it’s on there: lifted trucks (some complete with mud flaps), sports cars with personalized license plates, and the occasional profile pic alongside – or even featuring – their prized possession.
2. Your sports team. When your team pulls an amazing comeback out of its bag of tricks, it’s cool to boast a bit. When your alma mater basketball team thrashes some no-name on a Wednesday night, please practice some type of self-control, and refrain from boasting. There is one exception here. Take for example the Cleveland Cavaliers, who won the NBA championship in 2016. Not only was this the team’s first championship in history, it was the city of Cleveland’s first championship in any sport in 52 years.
3. Your “night to remember”. Beyond the age of 22, boasting about the amount of booze consumed within (insert time frame here) is nothing short of sophomoric.
4. Your significant other. A significant other who happens to be insignificant to those beyond your closest inner-circle. Indeed, your friends and family are elated you’ve found someone who makes you happy — and rightfully so. But at some point, all of this mushy “he/she is great because…” becomes unnecessarily irritating. Intimacy is all about appreciating the little idiosyncrasies that only you know about. Don’t diminish the special nature of your beloved by pronouncing them to the world. Instead, just enjoy the other person. It isn’t necessary to brag about their greatness to others who, most oftentimes, don’t care at all.
5. Your job. You may love your job, and if so then great. Bear in mind, however, that many people are in a job they don’t particularly care for in order to provide for their themselves and their families.